Body for a preparing or will updating out
“iOS 11 Update taking forever! I was trying to update my iPhone 7 to iOS 11 directly on the device. However, it has been preparing update for 1.5 hours and I don’t know what to do. Any solutions?”
These days, many people have been complaining that their iPhone stuck on preparing update to iOS 11 when they tried to get this newly released software on the device. The causes of this issue still remain unknown currently, but we’ve gathered some useful methods that have fixed OTA preparing updating stuck on iOS 11 successfully. Follow the article and check them out.
Way 1: Delete OTA File and Download It Again to Fix iOS 11 Preparing Update Stuck
When iOS 11 preparing update process gets stuck on your iPhone 7/7 Plus/SE/6s/6 Plus/5S, the easiest way to fix this problem is deleting the OTA files and download again. Here are the detailed steps:
- Go to Settings -> General -> Storage & iCloud Usage. Select “Manage Storage” to check there is any storage constraint for installing iOS 11.
- Locate and tap on the OTA file, click “Delete Update” to make sure there is enough free storage space to re-download and install the OTA files.
- When the former OTA files are deleted, go to General -> Software Update. Make sure your iOS device is connected to Wi-Fi and then click “Download and Install” to update iOS 11 again.
Way 2: Avoid iPhone Preparing Update Stuck by Updating in iTunes
If your iPhone iOS 11 update stuck at preparing update again after re-downloading the OTA files, you may need to update iPhone in iTunes.
Run iTunes and connect iPhone to computer, then you’ll see a pop-out message saying a new iPhone software version is available. Click “Download and Update” and then follow the automatic instructions to finish the process.
Way 3: Fix Preparing iPhone for Software Update Stuck on iOS 11 with Tenorshare ReiBoot
Many users have encountered error codes during the updating process in iTunes and result in data damage sometimes. That’s why you are recommended to try Tenorshare ReiBoot, another alternative way to update iPhone to iOS 11 and avoid preparing update stuck without data loss.
Free Trial Tenorshare ReiBoot Software:
Free Download Size: 5.4MB ( For Windows )
Free Download Size: 9.5MB ( For Mac )
This Article has shown you how to fix iOS 11 OTA stuck on preparing update on iPhone 7/7 Plus/SE/6s/6s Plus/6 and introduced 2 alternative ways to update software. If you have other similar questions like iOS 11 update stuck on downloading, installing or update requested, Tenorshare ReiBoot is also your best choice.
Free Trial Tenorshare iCareFone(iPhone Care Pro) Software:
Free Trial Windows Version
Free Trial Mac Version
- Related Articles
- Apple WWDC 2017: iOS 11, iMac Pro, New iPad Pod, HomePod and More
- How to Download and Install iOS 11 Beta on iPhone/iPad/iPod
- What is New in iOS 11? 12 Updates Make You Feel Future